Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Attention: Athens Retina Center is open for in-office appointments with a pre-screening before entering the office. Patients are asked to bring and wear a face mask before entering the office.
Patients may request the option for Video or Telephone Exams (Telemed). Please call 706-543-3200 to schedule your in-office appointment or to request a Telemed Appointment.
The health and safety of our patients and staff are of the utmost importance to Athens Retina Center. We have been taking precautionary steps to avoid the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
- We have developed a plan to deal with the evolving conditions related to COVID-19 that is updated daily.
- Patients are being asked to reschedule their appointments if they have a fever, cough, or respiratory illness such as shortness of breath, or if they have traveled outside of Georgia in the last 14 days.
- Athens Retina Center Team members who have respiratory issues or fever are instructed to stay at home. All staff members’ temperature is taken at the beginning of the shift.
- We are screening patients (and companions) with a questionnaire upon arrival and temperature reading. Social distancing has been recommended as a method for reducing exposure. Patients are asked to wait in their cars before being seen by the doctor.
- We are restricting visitors to only 1 accompanying the patient and that also only if it is absolutely necessary.
- For further protection, patients are being asked to wear a mask upon arrival at our clinic. Any patient with fever is asked not to enter
The CDC recommends that the best ways to keep yourself and others healthy are to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick .
We encourage you to take steps to protect yourself and your family. If you have reason to believe that you have been exposed to Coronavirus, please call Georgia Public Health Line (1-866-782-4584) or your primary care doctor to be tested, and follow their guidelines to avoid spreading the virus.
If you have any questions or concerns related to COVID-19 and an upcoming appointment at our office, please call us at 706-543-3200. Please note that there may be an increased volume of phone calls and our staff is working hard to get back to you as soon as possible.
- Please refer to the following links to find current information on appropriate courses of action:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Interim Guidance for COVID-19
- World Health Organization (WHO) Rights, Roles & Responsibilities of Health Workers
- OSHA Guidance on Workplace Preparation for COVID-19